Re: MS linker

From: Vardhan Varma
Subject: Re: MS linker
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:40:48 +0530

Pure guess:
        may be link.exe needs env variable 'LIB' to be set,
        which is being clobberred by your makefile.
--Vardhan

At 02:45 AM 01-08-01, Kayhan Duman wrote:
Hi,
I have a simple problem with MS linker.
I am trying to invoke the link.exe inside my make file and I get the error saying linker can not found link.obj, which makes me believe there is a problem with paths.. But when I type the exact command on the command line, it links without a problem.. So, gnumake does not pass the right parameters to the shell for link op.
here is my make file..

.
..
$(LINK) -out:myApp.exe -incremental:no c:/dev/objects/main.o

LINK is defined as link.exe and MS linker gives the following error message
LNK1181 file not found..

and gnu_make gives Error 0x49d

Vardhan Varma <address@hidden> ... till Yahoo is free