Re: Make GNU

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Make GNU
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:31:57 -0400

This is a problem either in GCC 3.0.1, or in your installation of GCC.

You appear to be using the GCC front end, but the Solaris version of as
(the assembler).  There may be some kind of inconsistency there, in the
newest versions of GCC.  GCC 3.x is quite new: you might try a previous
stable release such as 2.95.3 or so.

At any rate, this is not a GNU make problem and you should contact the
GCC folks and/or maybe ask on the Solaris newsgroups for more
help... sorry we couldn't provide more information.

Good luck!

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/