i need some smart rule

From: Maciej Walezak
Subject: i need some smart rule
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:59:18 +0100

Hello,

I need several rules that would link binary files and each of them with
different commands, i.e. one for binaries from objects from C sources, one for
binaries from objects from C++ sources and one for Fortran.
I can not use pattern rule like this
$(bin)/%: %
        command
because there is no way to distinguish the three rules.
My current solution is
$(bin)/$(cbin):
        command1
$(bin)/$(ccbin):
        command2
$(bin)/$(fbin):
        command3
I do not like this solution as it requires that appropriate variable is defined
and it prevents me from linking more that one binary in single makefile (cbin
is set to a concrete file).

Is there a way to write these rules in more flexible way?

--
Maciej Walezak
-GDN-