How to compile Make Software

From: Abdul-Azeez Musa
Subject: How to compile Make Software
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:29:37 -0700

While trying to compile a Squid source code i downloaded from the internet, it required me to use a 'make' command.
I downloaded the 'make' source code, unzipped and used tar command to extract it.
Kindly educate me on how to compile the 'make' source code before use.
I went through the online help but all i got were on how to use make (syntax) command.
Kindly assist me cos I am really in a fix.
You guys are doing a good job.

Thank you
Abdul-Azeez