Re: Living with Automake - a game for us

From: Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-
Subject: Re: Living with Automake - a game for us
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:43:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Soren Andersen wrote:

> I just don't like having to live with automake. The Makefiles that it
> generates offend me. But that's not the topic of this article.

I agree that the -I. -I. -I. stuff is visually annoying, but since
it doesn't affect the functionality, I'd be pretty hard pressed to
spend the time fixing it up in make.

Why not spend the time fixing automake since it seems to be a requirement
of your build environment?  I've found that the GNU auto* tools and libtool
maintainers are pretty easy to work with and responsive to patches, etc.
We've submitted and had integrated a couple of patches and suggestions
to libtool for example that made our lives easier in our local build
environment.

Michael Sterrett
  -Mr. Bones.-
address@hidden