Re: problem

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: problem
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:33:14 -0500

%% "Nick M" <address@hidden> writes:

  nm> i am running OpenBSD 3.2 i followed the instructions in the
  nm> INSTALL file perfectly and when it was all done the gmake command
  nm> still didn't work..  what is going on?

In the future when reporting problems please provide more details than
"didn't work".  That tells us virtually nothing: did it crash?  Print an
error?  What error?  Does it work with some makefiles and not others?
Etc.

In this case, I suspect you just didn't read the INSTALL and README
files carefully enough: GNU make will install itself as
/usr/local/bin/make by default (unless you use options to the configure
script to change that).

So, running "gmake" won't work as the program is named "make".  If you
want to run "gmake", then you need to rename the program to "gmake".