Re: Installing Gnu Make on platform IRIX6.5

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Installing Gnu Make on platform IRIX6.5
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:20:22 -0500

%% Silyeek Tan <address@hidden> writes:

  st> I am a researcher from Malaysia. I am trying to install Gnu Make
  st> on IRIX6.5 Platform. May I know is there any documentation in
  st> showing the step to install GMake?

The source for GNU make can be found on the FSF site:

  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/make/

Inside the source there is a README file and an INSTALL file which will
help you build and install it.

  st> May I know is GNU Make is gcc?

No, GNU make is different from GCC (if that's what you're asking).