Re: missing 'endif' error from eval inside ifeq

From: gk
Subject: Re: missing 'endif' error from eval inside ifeq
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:57:10 -0800

At 08:26 PM 2/5/2003 -0500, Paul D. Smith wrote:
Yes, and it's been reported and fixed in the source.  There's a patch
attached to the bug report in Savannah.

Thanks. I downloaded the patch (bug 1516) but seem to be having trouble applying it since I previously applied a later patch (1517) to the make-3.80 sources.

Any pointers to how to apply these patches correctly would be appreciated.

I have tried to reverse the patch by re-applying it but it doesn't seem to work.
Maybe I just didn't answer correctly in the following session.

address@hidden make-3.80]# patch -p0<eval-crash.diff
patching file variable.h
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file expand.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] Y
Apply anyway? [n] Y
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file expand.c.rej
patching file function.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] Y
Apply anyway? [n] Y
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file function.c.rej

I tried to download another copy of the sources from your web site but the link to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/make/make-3.80.tar.gz doesn't seem to work.

- Greg Keraunen
http://www.xmake.org
http://www.xmlmake.com