Re: using "include" in a Makefile

From: Tristan Van Berkom
Subject: Re: using "include" in a Makefile
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:16:55 -0400

VSong wrote:

so what's the best way to ensure that a
project has been made before executing 'make' in the current directory?

Generaly, you execute make to ensure that a project it made.

But I'll assume you mean something else, like
"How do you resolve prerequisites in other directories of targets in the current directory ?"
(does that make any more sense ?)

=======================
any_more_sense: a.o b.o c.o -lproject

# to build libproject.so
lib%.so:
   $(MAKE) -C $(project_dir)/$*

I use something alot more complicated because all my "projects" arent
under the same flat directory but you get the idea.
(excuse my tabless mail composer please)

Cheers,
       -Tristan