Re: Finding which makefile is including another

From: Markus Mauhart
Subject: Re: Finding which makefile is including another
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:10:47 +0200

"Markus Mauhart" <address@hidden> wrote in ...

> Then each other file that wants to know/use its own name looks like ...
> #-----------------------------------
> $(eval $(__FILE__prefix))

... something strange has happened ...

Then each other file that wants to know/use its own name looks like ...
#-----------------------------------
$(eval $(__FILE__prefix))
$(warning this is me: $(__FILE__))
include $(dir $(__FILE__))a_local_file
$(warning this is still me: $(__FILE__))
$(This is my next relative that used the __FILE__ stuff:
$($(__FILE__)__FILE__old))
$(eval $(__FILE__suffix))

But how would the other files know the next parent file that
used $(eval $(__FILE__xxxfix)) ? This next known parent is the
old value of __FILE__, and this has file-specific name:

parent :=  $($(__FILE__)__FILE__old)
grandma := $($(parent)__FILE__old)

Markus.