Fwd: help compiling

From: yaka patiya
Subject: Fwd: help compiling
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:35:37 +0000

Is this too stupid of a question to ask ? I am wondering why anyone have not yet answered it.

Regards,

Thilanka

From: "yaka patiya" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: help compiling
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:10:24 +0000

Hello all,

I fixed the build.sh by replacing @REMOTE@ with stub and did the compiling. But I get the following errors.

compiling glob/glob.c...
In file included from glob/glob.c:813:
glob/glob.c: In function `glob':
glob/glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from incompatible pointer type
In file included from glob/glob.c:932:
glob/glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from incompatible pointer type
In file included from glob/glob.c:988:
glob/glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from incompatible pointer type
In file included from glob/glob.c:1378:
glob/glob.c: In function `glob_in_dir':
glob/glob.c:197: warning: passing arg 0 of `my_realloc' from incompatible pointer type
linking make...
done

According to the mailing list, someone posted saying you can just ignore these messages. But when I go to do `make install`I get the following error:

$ make install
ksh: make:  not found

Now, I am trying to install GNU make since this machine does not have make on it for me to use it to compile something else. I'm on Solaris 2.8 ( I think ). What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Thilanka