Re: let me rephrase that -- question about empty commands

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: let me rephrase that -- question about empty commands
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:48:03 -0500

"Paul D. Smith" wrote:
> If you read the manual section on "Rules without commands or
> prerequisites" the pros and cons are discussed there.

Here's what I found in the manual:

     We feel that it is cleaner for a rule without commands to always
     simply add to the prerequisite list for the target.

IIRC, there's a bug in which this doesn't always happen (I think it's mentioned
in the multi-architecture paper at paulandlesley.org).  Has a patch been
created to fix this bug?

Thanks,
Noel
--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.