Re: auto dependencies of generated headers

From: Martin d'Anjou
Subject: Re: auto dependencies of generated headers
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:21:14 -0500 (EST)

> I'm trying to enhance a make system to support machine-generated
> header files, but have run into a problem I can't figure out.
>
> My question pertains to automatic extraction of the dependencies.

I have had the same problem and the solution was to write my own
dependency extractor, traversing files recursively until I hit the bottom,
then save the result to a .d file. All the header files were generated
automatically at the same time as the compile phase once the dependencies
had been figured out. Did it in python too because the perl oo model is
worst than APL.

Martin