Help with Make

From: Paul . Candiago
Subject: Help with Make
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:11:58 -0500

I need some help in finishing a Make file I am working on.

I have a PC running windows XP.  I have cygwin installed so I'm using the
Unix version of Make ( I am running Make through cygwin).   I am using the
Cosmic C compiler for the MC68HC08.   I get Make errors when I try to build
object files from my source files.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(See attached file: make_compile.inc)(See attached file: make_srcfiles.inc)
(See attached file: final_dep.txt)

Thanks,
Paul Candiago

This is my  "Makefile"

local:
      @$(MAKE) -f makelocal create_dependancy

test:
      @$(MAKE) -f all

This is the file makelocal

#---------------------------
# Bring in the toolset
#---------------------------
include make_compile.inc
include make_srcfiles.inc
include final_dep.txt

#---------------------------
# Identify paths
#---------------------------

vpath %.h $(ROOT2)light/header
vpath %.h $(ROOT2)rain/header
vpath %.h $(ROOT2)main/header
vpath %.h $(ROOT2)include

vpath %.c $(ROOT2)light
vpath %.c $(ROOT2)main
vpath %.c $(ROOT2)rain

FINAL_DEP_FILE = final_dep.txt
DEP_FILE = dep.txt

OBJS = $(patsubst %.c, %.o, $(filter %.c, $(FILESETS_ALL)))

Target dep uses the comic compiler to create a dependency list
create_dependancy: dep final_dep_list

dep: $(FILESETS_ALL)

$(FILESETS_ALL):
      @rm dep.txt
      # Echo to the screen the c file your are creating the dependency for
      @echo creating dependency for $@
      @$(CC) -sm -fc:\\rls_ford\\rls_ford.cxf $(FILESET_PATHS_ALL) >>
$(DEP_FILE)
      pwd

This target cleans up the file created by the Comic dependacy generator and
puts it in a format
that Make can use.
final_dep_list:
      @rm $(FINAL_DEP_FILE)
      @echo CREATING FINAL DEPENDANCY FILE
      @dep_read.exe >> $(FINAL_DEP_FILE)

THIS IS WHERE MY PROBLEM IS.   I'M TRYING TO CREATE OBJECT FILES.  I THINK
MY RULE STRUCTURE IS ALL WRONG.
I HAVE THIS STATEMENT ABOVE, include final_dep.txt  THIS FILE HAS ALL THE
DEPENDENCIES.   I HAVE ATTACHED A COPY OF WHAT FINAL_DEP.TXT LOOKS LIKE

The error I get is   "all:  No Such file or directory"
                     "***  No rule to make target all.  Stop"

 all : $(OBJS)

$(OBJS) : %.o : %.c

      @echo Compiling
      @$(CC) $(C_CONFIGURATION_FILE) $< -o obj/$