Re: Parallel Make

From: Ken Smith
Subject: Re: Parallel Make
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 11:08:35 -0500

Yes I have tried -j4.  The behavior is exactly the same.

Ken

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

Ken Smith wrote:
[snip]

However, that part of the discussion was an aside and my real concern is that I was actually giving an argument to -j which was ignored. It is not always ignored but in 10 builds it was ignored 5 times. When "-j 4" is the first argument on the command line it never happens. When it appears after a variable assignment it happens occasionally. Any ideas?

    Sounds like a bug on GNU makes' command line parser, have you tried
always passing the option as "-j4" instead of "-j 4" ?

Regards,
                                            -Tristan