Recursive Make

From: Thorsten Haude
Subject: Recursive Make
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:44:39 +0100

Hi,

This must be a common problem, but I can't find an answer to this in
the docs or by googling. My brain is somehow not compatible with
make's syntax.

My problem is this: I habe a project foo with some subprojects foo01,
foo02, foo03, etc. The result of the subprojects are .o files and foo
is dependent on these object files.

Now I could hardcode every object file in foo's makefile, but I really
don't want to do that. I'd rather build a list of all *.*.o files and
use that. (There are no other object files in subdirectories of foo.)

The problem I have is: How do I get the subproject's object files in
foo's prerequisites list? Is there a pattern for this somewhere in the
docs? Where can I find an example?

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.

Thorsten
--
I was amazed today to find out how much Windows
can actually be used for useful things.