make file error

From: Mohammad Ali
Subject: make file error
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:35:58 -0800 (PST)

Hai,

I am using SCO Unix open server version 5:0.5. Today I tried to install make from the tar file make-3.80. When I sh ./configure I get lots of errors. The log is attached with this mail. As I don’t have “make” in the system I was running sh ./build.sh This also stops by displaying that gcc: ./address@hidden@.c no such file or directory. I removed the reference to remote and extras in the build.sh file and run it but then it gives me the following error.

Make.new fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to make.new collect2: Id returned 1 exit status

Please help me to sort out the problem and install make

Thanks and Best Regards

Ali