Re: Make and dependencies in a zip archive

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Make and dependencies in a zip archive
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:19:28 -0500

%% Tony Thigpen <address@hidden> writes:

  tt> GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
  tt> Built for i386-redhat-linux-gnu

  tt> I have the following in my dependency file:
  tt> teiaddr.asm: ./teipmacs.asm
  tt> teiaddr.asm: ../common/teimacro.asm
  tt> teiaddr.asm: ../prd1.maclib.zip(GETVIS.A)

  tt> When I use the dependency with make, I get the following message:

  tt> make: *** No rule to make target `../prd1.maclib.zip(GETVIS.A)', needed
  tt> by `teiaddr.asm'.  Stop.

  tt> What can I do to make this work?

Umm... define a rule for making that target?

If the obvious answer is not what you were looking for, you'll need to
provide more information.