Re: Simple way to ascertain whether we're running on Windows?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Simple way to ascertain whether we're running on Windows?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:12:03 -0400

%% Angus Leeming <address@hidden> writes:

  al> However, before I make the change, is there a way to do this with
  al> traditional makes too? I'm planning on posting the changes back to
  al> CTAN and they'll probably want something generic if possible.

The only way to do something like this without GNU specific extensions
is to use recursion, and that is very difficult to do generically.
Basically, every target would need to invoke a sub-make and set a
variable on the sub-make command line which specified whether the target
was windows or not.