Re: GNU Make Installation Help

From: Eric West
Subject: Re: GNU Make Installation Help
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:43:19 -0500

On Friday 18 November 2005 10:46 am, Dunn, Marc T AMRDEC/SimTech wrote:
> I read the two files you suggested. I executed 'sh ./configure' like
> the install file said. It processed about 10 lines and returned the
> following error message
>
> >sh ./configure
>

> Configure: gcc ..... no
>
> Configure: cc ..... no
>
> Configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>

> Any ideas?

Yes. You can set environment variables used by the configure script.
Direct from the usage message for configure:

        Usage: ./configure [OPTION]... [VAR=VALUE]...

        To assign environment variables (e.g., CC, CFLAGS...), specify them as
        VAR=VALUE.  See below for descriptions of some of the useful variables.

 In your case, try:

    ./configure CC=<path_to_your_compiler>

You may also need to set additional envars (e.g. AR, LD).

  --Eric