Re: (no subject)

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:48:11 -0500

%% address@hidden writes:

  t> I have just obtained a Dell Precision 670n workstation with a 3.6
  t> GHz Intel Xeon Processor running Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v4 for
  t> EM64T 64bit system.  I am also using The Portland Group 64bit Linux
  t> complete compilers 6.1.  When I run a Make file I am getting this
  t> error:

  t> make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/tlwarre/Access/ACCESS/itools/config/util'
  t> okay, continuing in  config/imake
  t> ../../config/util/makedepend  -- -I../../include  -I../..  -DBuild64
-Dlinux
  t> -DA
  t> DDC_   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO    -DCPP_PROGRAM="\"/lib/cpp\""  --
  t> imake.c
  t> In file included from /usr/include/features.h:314,
  t> from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
  t> from imake.c:145:
  t> /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:31: #error "You need a ISO  C conforming compiler
to  use the glibc headers"

  t> With previous versions of Red Hat Linux on 32 bit machines I did
  t> not have this problem.  Is there anything I can do to fix this
  t> problem?

This mailing list is for help specifically with the make program and/or
makefiles.  This error is not an issue with make; this is a problem with
the code you're trying to compile.  Please ask on a mailing list
associated with the application you're trying to compile, or else your
distribution of GNU/Linux.

Good luck!