Re: quoting $$ (or something completely different?)

From: Tom Bachmann
Subject: Re: quoting $$ (or something completely different?)
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 10:19:26 +0200

Philip Guenther wrote:
So, my final makefile reads:
----------------------------------
NAME = $(subst /,_,$(1))

define SET
$$(NAME)_$(1) := $$($(1))
endef

define FOO
$(eval CFLAGS := foo bar baz foo2)$(eval $(call SET,CFLAGS))
endef

$(call FOO,foo/bar)

all:
        @echo '$(foo_bar_CFLAGS)'

Make sense?

Philip Guenther

thank you a lot.
But there is one more thing: doing what you proposed would introduce a completely new style of writing makefiles into my project, and I'd be happy not to do this. I'd be very happy to defer the call to SET instead of doing the assignment earlier. Do you have an idea how to do this?
--
-ness-