RE: converting nmake to gnumake

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: converting nmake to gnumake
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:46:12 -0400

%% "Tobias Contreras" <address@hidden> writes:

  tc> Thank you for your help and such a quick reply, sorry I didn't
  tc> give enough information. I plan on upgrading to 3.81 though
  tc> currently at 3.79 I am converting nmake make file to gnumake.

  tc> Converting this over:

  tc> ifeq "$(HW_PROCESSOR)" "PROCESSOR_1" || "$(HW_PROCESSOR)" "PROCESSOR_2"
  tc> || "$(HW_PROCESSOR)" "PROCESSOR_3"
  tc>     $(OBJ_DIR)\herc_pollserial.o
  tc>   ...
  tc> Endif

  tc> How would you use the $(or condition1, condition2) in the above
  tc> statement, Or the ways around using 3.79.

Something that would work for that in all versions would be:

    ifneq (,$(filter $(HW_PROCESSOR),PROCESSOR_1 PROCESSOR_2 PROCESSOR_3))
        $(OBJ_DIR)/herc_pollserial.o
    endif

Note you should ALWAYS use UNIX-style directory separators (/) in
makefiles, and never use DOS-style (\).

  tc> Are there forums or irc that you would recommend, so that if I had
  tc> small questions like this I could ask?

This mailing list is it.