Re: Multiple invocations of GnuMake

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Multiple invocations of GnuMake
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:12:24 -0400

%% Brendan Heading <address@hidden> writes:

  bh> Is it possible that the list might be modified to filter out all this
  bh> HTML junk that people insist on polluting the place with ?

Well, the list uses Mailman (2.1.5 to be exact) so it's possible to
strip certain MIME types from incoming email automatically.  However,
I'm not sure I want to do that for a help list.  Yes, it's very annoying
to get HTML mail but... it is a help list after all.  Some mail clients
(like lookOut!) make it extremely difficult to send plain text mail and
I don't like to exclude people from help because they made a poor choice
in mail clients.

There is a postop "convert HTML to plaintext" option that I could
use... not sure if that would help or not.

  bh> Tobias :

  >> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential
  >> information, privileged material (including material protected by the
  >> solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
  >> non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than
  >> the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this
  >> transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete
  >> this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or
  >> reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not
  >> authorized and may be unlawful.

  bh> I'd love to help you with your problem, but I'm not sure if you'd sue me
  bh> or not.

I find these equally distasteful, not the least because they're utterly
useless from a legal standpoint; however, often these are added on by
the corporate MTA, completely out of the control of the author of the
email.

Sad but true.