Re: Static Pattern Rules: target, stem, and prerequisite issue

From: Martin Gaarde Lund
Subject: Re: Static Pattern Rules: target, stem, and prerequisite issue
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 12:55:45 +0200

The use of secondexpansion in the prequisite and make version 3.81 solved the problem.

Thanks for the help both of you :)

On 7/7/06, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[Replies directed to < address@hidden>]

On 2006-7-7 8:51 UTC, Martin Gaarde Lund wrote:
> On 7/7/06, *Paul D. Smith* <address@hidden <mailto: address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Look at the README.W32 file for info on building on Windows systems.
>
> Actually I did and it states that MSVC++ is required in order to produce
> w32 output. I dont have MSVC++.
[...]
> Hopefully someone in make-w32 can provide me a binary. Otherwise I will
> have to get MSVC++.

You need no non-free tools: you can certainly build make-3.81 by
downloading MSYS and MinGW gcc, both from mingw.org, and running
  ./configure && make
It might be much easier, though, to use this prebuilt binary, also
from mingw.org:
  "a new version of make using the GNU make 3.81 sources"