Re: .FEATURES variable

From: Maxim Yegorushkin
Subject: Re: .FEATURES variable
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:00:23 +0100

Philip Guenther wrote:
On 7/14/06, Maxim Yegorushkin <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to use .FEATURES variable and am having difficulty obtaining
its value. I do:
I'm using make 3.80 on FC5 Linux. Which make versions support that
variable or how to use it properly?

The .FEATURES variable was added in version 3.81.  (Where did you read
of that variable that didn't mention that it was added in 3.81?)

I use http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html.gz as main documentation for make and the page does not tell the version .FEATURES was introduced in.

Having read your post, I checked NEWS file where it says it was added in 3.81. It was not clever I did not check before.

Thank you.