Re: Bizarre "missing endif"

From: David Greene
Subject: Re: Bizarre "missing endif"
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:54:34 -0600

Aditya Kher wrote:
I see at least couple of "if" statements without matching endif (higlighted). These could be the culprits.

I did not run this but this is by inspection.

$$( if $$(filter $$(MAKE_VERSION),3.81),,1)
$$(call debug,WRONG_MAKE_VERSION = $$(WRONG_MAKE_VERSION))
$$(if $$(filter 1,$$(WRONG_MAKE_VERSION)),$$

These don't need endifs, they're function calls.

And btw, if all you are trying to is to prevent user from proceeding (and also warning him along the way) unless he uses correct version of make then why not use something simple as follows. Lot easier to maintain and debug

Because I have a user base that doesn't need to be bothered to go
find the right make installed on whatever machine they're using.
The location changes from machine to machine.  Not my idea, but
it's what I have to deal with.  I'm trying to make this as
user-friendly as possible.

I did manage to make the problem go away by inlining the calls
to invoke_correct_make and invoke_correct_make_impl, so I believe
this is a bug.  I don't know if it exists in 3.81 because the
execution paths are different.

                                 -Dave