gmake on windows help

From: Vinay Ramdas Revankar
Subject: gmake on windows help
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:02:04 +0530

Hi,

    Please can any one tell me how to change the directory in the Makefile .I am using gmake to build a libray on windows-xp.
i tread this but it is not working.

obje=D:\project\obj
lib=D:\project\lib
target=MSM.lib
src:=$(wildcard D:\project\MSM\src/*.c)

$(lib)\$(target) : $(src)
    cd $(obje)
    armcc -c -O0 -g --cpu ARM1136J-S --apcs /inter --dwarf2  $(src)

I am trying to compile all the c files in the MSM\src directory and put the object files in the d:\project\obj by putting the cd command at the start of the command  section but the object files are created at the current working directory where the Makefile is present and not in the obj directory.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you in advance

Regards
Vinay r