Re: Regarding running shell script from Makefile

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Regarding running shell script from Makefile
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:11:18 +0300

> Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 07:17:56 -0700
> From: "Dave Hylands" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I've also discovered, that under windows, you may have to export  both
> PATH and Path and set them both the same.
>
> Some windows machine seem to have Path in their environment and others
> seem to have PATH. make treats them as different variables (or at
> least there are sets of compile time options that cause this to
> happen).
>
> I think that when both PATH and Path exist in the environment, then
> windows just winds up using the first one it encounters.

When did you last see such problems?  I see in Make 3.81 code that
explicitly synchronizes Path and PATH, so they both have the same
value.  Is it possible that your experience dates back to ports of old
versions of Make?  If not, can you provide a short self-contained
example that can be used to reproduce the problem?

TIA