Dinamic paths

From: Manuel Preliteiro
Subject: Dinamic paths
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:26:48 +0100

Hello, i'm trying to create a makefile with dinamic paths.

I belive what I want is simple, but I'm having troubles finding what i need in the documentation, i thought what i would need was in section 6.2 (2 flavours of variables) but it didnt work as intended.

I have the following definition:

OCAMLC = ocamlc
OCAMLIBS = $(OCAMLC) -where
/* This line returns the path i want --> /home/manuel/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib */

and then inside a rule i have:
$(CC) -I $(OCAML_LIBS) -c testing.c

The desired output would be:
cc -I /home/manuel/godi/lib/ocaml/std-lib -c testing.c

But i'm geting
cc -I ocamlc -where -c testing

What to do?
Manuel