RE: One error to run gnumake

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: One error to run gnumake
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 01:39:48 +0100

On 11 June 2007 06:08, Yikai Cao wrote:

> Hi:
>
>    I got the following errors when running "gnumake place":
>
>      # Command:
>      /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: 'end of file' unexpected
>      gnumake:  *** [place]  Error 2
>
>    Could you give me a clue what caused this problem?

  Looks like your makefile ended unexpectedly.  What's on line 1?  Is there an
unbalanced quote or something similar?  The make utility is usually called
'make' or 'gmake', so is 'gnumake' perhaps an alias or script that's adding
unexpected command-line options or otherwise complicating the issue?

    cheers,
      DaveK