Re: Make binary distribution for use on a Mac

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Make binary distribution for use on a Mac
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:42:09 -0500

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 08:55 -0600, Rev. Doug Minton wrote:
> I cannot download the source distribution of make because I don't have
> make on the computer.

You don't need make to build make.

The GNU make sources come with a shell script that will build make for
you, if you don't have a make.

See the README and INSTALL files in the GNU make distribution.

Cheers!

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>                 http://make.mad-scientist.us
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist