Re: Fwd: Clock skew detected, how to fix?

From: EricDeb
Subject: Re: Fwd: Clock skew detected, how to fix?
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:21:37 -0700 (PDT)

yaneurabeya wrote:

> - Is (I assume you're running Cygwin) up to date?
> - Are you absolutely sure that you're not running with a remote profile on
> corporate server (I assume that because of your email address)?
> - Is Windows being run from a VM?

Hello again!

I installed Cygwin about two months ago. I think it is probably up-to-date
enough, though I haven't tried getting the version that's still warm from
being compiled. I am 100% sure these files are local and I'm not running a
virtual machine.

I tried something else and posted about it here:
http://www.nabble.com/Clock-Skew-problem-under-Windows-to17676587.html

Though I meant for that to appear in the W32 forum (I don't know how it
ended up here). Basically I did a "date >> a.txt" and the date inside the
file was about 1.5 seconds behind the time stamp reported by Cygwin using
"ls --full-time".

So, I believe this may be some limitation of Windows using a more coarse
time stamp for creating files than GNU Make uses to determine clock skew.