RE: Different processing to achive same end result ? Can it be done.

From: EXT-Pennington, Dale K
Subject: RE: Different processing to achive same end result ? Can it be done.
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:05:29 -0500

I look at both solutions mentioned and learned a bit more about what I
am dealing with.

Basically it is possible for a.idl to internally reference b.idl. In
this case, part of the generated aC.h file includes bC.h. So if I mode
the file and create a new bC_modded.h file, aC.h does not reference it.
So basically,
What I really need to do is as part of the implicit rule, do something
like what Mr Shal suggests :

%C.h $S.h $C.cpp $S.cpp : $.idl
        <invoke idl compiler>
        Mr Shal's Is as_modded exists, check code, replacing the %C.h as
appropriate.

I think this should work. Since All changes to the %C.h are within the
rule to generate it.

Thanks for the input

Dale Pennington