Re: making the new make

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: making the new make
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:44:08 +0200

> From: "mark crane" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:36:48 +0100
>
> i have rn from a bash shell.. ./configure
>
> and i am geting the following errors.. can anyone help
>
> ./configure:: line 14: $\'r': command not found
> ./confgiure: line 22 syntax error unexpected token 'elif'

My crystal ball says that you are running this on a Windows system
with Cygwin shell, and that somehow the configure script got
translated to Windows end-of-line format, where each line ends with a
CR-LF pair.  Cygwin Bash refuses to grok such shell script.

Solution: convert the script back to Unix line endings, with dos2unix
or maybe d2u, whatever it is called these days.