How to consider filenames containing "::" character sequence ?

From: Bobsky
Subject: How to consider filenames containing "::" character sequence ?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 01:48:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi !
For a "bad" reason, I must use some dirty file names in a Makefile. The file
names are containing ":" characters. For exemple : foo::bar.ext
I'm using autotools and when the Makefile is generated, I've got something
like :

EXTRA_DIST=foo::bar.ext

The problem is that when running the dist target, GNU make returns a message
about a "multiple target schema definition" (the "french" message is
"schémas de cibles multiples"). I think that this is because the "foo:"
sequence is interpreted as a target inside a target (dist) but I don't
understand how to solve the problem. I've tried to use wildcards (
$(wildcard *.ext) ), but it does the same thing.
Any idea ?