Re: How to access make argument? (simple question)

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: How to access make argument? (simple question)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:39:27 -0700

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 6:35 AM, yabo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Example situation:
> From a cmd shell, we run "make all"
>
> Once in a makefile, is the string "all" (or whatever target you chose) in
> some variable that I can access? Thanks.

Search the info pages for MAKECMDGOALS

Paul: the "6.4 How Variables Get Their Values" section in the info
pages needs to be updated, as MAKECMDGOALS doesn't fit in any of the
categories there.  Perhaps a category for all the internal variables
that control or are involved in make's internal operations
(MAKEFILE_LIST, MAKEFLAGS, MAKE_VERSION, MAKE_COMMAND, MAKEFILES,
MAKELEVEL, .FEATURES, .VARIABLES, .INCLUDE_DIRS, .DEFAULT_GOAL, etc)
should be listed on a page of their own linked from there?

Philip Guenther