Re: Auto-checkout a file from RCS that is used to construct a prerequisi

From: CHEN Cheng
Subject: Re: Auto-checkout a file from RCS that is used to construct a prerequisites list
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:46:37 +0800

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 09:13:53PM +0200, Richard Bassett wrote:
> For the record, I've managed to resolve this problem with some input from
> CHEN Cheng that I don't think was CCed to help-make.  He suggested creating
> a rule such that Makefile itself depends on the _WITHTAB.PP files that I
> need to be available in order to construct other dependencies.

I'm so glad that I helped. I made this inconvenience because I thought
this mailing list was like groups.google.com, where everything is done
by simply replying the mail. And now I learned the lesson.

> I'd like to thank Philip for his input too, which was very instructive even
> though I didn't need to go quite that far.

I want to thank Philip, too. The ".secondexpansion" method is interesting,
although I'm not quiet clear about it so far.