how to include .asm files

From: kwistjhp
Subject: how to include .asm files
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 03:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have a problem with making the following file, in which idt.asm and
service.asm are included in kernel_init.asm and should not be assembled by
themselves. I want them to be dependencies to kernel_init.o

--------
kernel.bin : kernel_init.o
        ld -T link.ld -o kernel.bin *.o -L H:\Jonix -lckjonix -nostdlib -M -s

kernel.bin : kernel_init.o

kernel_init.o : kernel_init.asm idt.asm service.asm
        fasm kernel_init.asm kernel_init.o
--------

However, make complains 'no rule to make target idt.asm, needed by
kernel_init.o. How can I tell make that these files are not to be built by
make, but just that kernel_init.o is to be rebuilt whenever one of the
dependencies are updated? When I add:

---------
idt.asm : ;
service.asm : ;
---------

Then kernel_init.o is always updated on every make call.

Any help?

thanks,
Johan