Issue with automatic dependency generation in gmake

From: Varambally, Dheeraj B
Subject: Issue with automatic dependency generation in gmake
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:06:22 -0700

Hi,

I’m trying to automatically generate the dependency files from my C compiler and including it using the –include directive But gmake does not seem to abort upon encountering the first compile error in a C source file. It seems to continue building the rest of the files . How can we make gmake abort upon encountering the first error.  It works fine if I do not include the dependency file.

Here is a snapshot of what I’m trying to do

Target : src

              $(CC) –c  $(CFLAGS) –makedep $(DEPFILE)

-include $(DEPFILE)

Thanks