Re: Question about order dependencies

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: Question about order dependencies
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:40:37 -0700

On Monday, September 14, 2009, David Boyce <address@hidden> wrote:
> True, but it's worth noting that the OP didn't mention either of these
> techniques so it's entirely possible that the left-to-right guarantee
> is sufficient in his/her case.

Possibly, but if so then his existing Makefile is sufficient.  That
he's asking the question at all suggests that what he has isn't good
enough, but without some understanding of the bar -> foo dependency
and why you might make bar both with and without making foo, we can
only guess.

Philip Guenther