Re: How to refer to the first target?

From: Allan Odgaard
Subject: Re: How to refer to the first target?
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:44:09 +0100

On 26 Nov 2009, at 22:29, Peng Yu wrote:

[...]
This solution seems awkward to me. There maybe not be a good pattern that catch both a and b. Should gnu make have a more natural solution to this problem?

I had the problem with ANTLR which is a parser-generator and generates multiple files.

I ended up with a solution a la:

    grammar.cpp: grammar.g
        antlr …
    lexer.cpp: grammar.cpp
        touch $@

Here antlr generates both grammar.cpp + lexer.cpp, but as far as make knows, lexer.cpp is generated from grammar.cpp which is what depends on grammar.g.