generating

From: Ling F. Zhang
Subject: generating
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 23:07:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am writing a file to type set LaTeX.  So I have a shell script which parse
the .tex file quickly and print out an include list:
$ mktexdep file.tex
file.tex
input1.tex
fig1.eps
fig2.eps

In the Makefile, I have this line:
.SECONDEXPANSION:
%.pdf : $$(shell mktexdep $$(subst pdf,tex,$$@))

Which would actually turn the above list into a prerequisite list. It works.

All's well.  Since mktexdep itself is a simple shell script consists of a few
greps/awk, I am wondering if I can do the whole thing within the Makefile.

I tried the following so far:
define mktexdep
  (shell commands acting on $1 to make dep list)
endef

%.pdf : $$(call funcmktexdep,$$(subst pdf,tex,$$@))

It doesn't work.

Any ideas?