make file version problem

From: Pritam Nandy
Subject: make file version problem
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:22:55 +0530

hi,

when I try to make a make file using gnu make v3.60 it goes on fine but when I try to use make v3.79 on the same file I get an error like this -
mainLib.gmk:446: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.

line 446 of this line contains something like -
genlib: $(LIBLIST)

is it really a version problem? if yes, in that case, how could I change my make file line above to make it compatible with v3.79?

-Pritam.