Re: add option to generate dependency graph

From: Lynn Lin
Subject: Re: add option to generate dependency graph
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:02:37 +0800

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Luke Shumaker <address@hidden> wrote:
> Oh, about the graphs: dotted line means it's an order-only dependency,
> not an actual dependency, and a blue bubble indicates a PHONY target.
>
> ~ LukeShu
>
> On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 23:45 -0400, Luke Shumaker wrote:
>> Thank you for showing me graphviz, it's pretty neat!

bitbake (http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/bitbake/) is a
make-alike build tool with the special focus of distributions and
packages for embedded Linux cross compilation,it provide -g option

-g, --graphviz        emit the dependency trees of the specified packages in
                        the dot syntax

it's great!

>> The attached patch adds the ``-g, --graph'' options to make; it will
>> spit out a graphviz file to stdout. (The patch is against the 3.82
>> release)

I test the patch,it's great although it has bug.