Re: recipe!!

From: Sam Ravnborg
Subject: Re: recipe!!
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:09:40 +0200

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 10:25:05AM +0430, ali hagigat wrote:
> I wonder why the word 'command' changed with 'recipe' in the make
> manual!! Command was a better word and inspired the real function of
> the shell commands for a rule.

I wonder what manual you refer too.
I quickly searched for all occurrences of "command" in the make manual.
Reading up to and including chapter 5 I found not a single spot where I saw
command was used to refer to a recipe.

And if you really had read the make manual you would see that
chaper five named "Writing recipes in Rules" describes recipes
in a clear way.

Hint: A recipe may contain a command.

> When i look at 'recipe', it takes some seconds to translate it back to
> 'command' to understand it.

Which should give you a good hint you are wrong.

> The word 'command' is still used at some
> parts of the document and it seems that the author did not have time
> to replace the new invention completely.

Please supply a patch to update documentation or specify where it is wrong.
Anything else is just wasted time of the readers of this list.

        Sam