Re: recipe!!

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: recipe!!
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:47:09 -0400

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 08:46 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Did you consider the possibility that this is due to Ali trying to
> express himself in a language that isn't his first one?
>
> I'm really ashamed to read such remarks on a list that is supposed to
> help newbies, including those whose first language is not English.

Although I wouldn't have used the terms he did, in fairness to Sam it
seems quite clear from Ali's ability to state his frustration and
dissatisfaction with the quality of the documentation that he's more
than capable of expressing himself in English, regardless of whether
it's his first language.  If he were less capable, I'd be more inclined
to ignore the tone of his messages.

I'm not sure how far we should go to ignore recurring rudeness in these
situations.  It's been many weeks now and a number of people have asked
him to moderate his comments, to no avail.

Perhaps you're right and we should just be ignoring his email completely
but that doesn't seem like a good solution either.  Better than
responding in kind, though, I do agree.