RE: How to pass a group of COMPILER OPTIONS using GNU Make Command Line

From: Duane Campbell
Subject: RE: How to pass a group of COMPILER OPTIONS using GNU Make Command Line under WINDOWS
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 22:01:53 -0700

I see you single quoting - a ' is not a quoting character in Windows CMD shell.
In Windows CMD shell " is the (only) quoting character.

Note: There is no standard way to quote a " character in windows.
Windows opted to have applications parse the command line - hence no standard.
It is up to the programs and the libraries they use.
I.e. unlike *nix, the shell only parses the program name;
  the parsing of the rest of the command is left up to the program.

.duanec.