Re: manual execution of make works, but not from another makefile

From: Eric Melski
Subject: Re: manual execution of make works, but not from another makefile
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 19:11:53 -0800

On 03/07/2011 10:55 AM, vkr wrote:

*Problem Description; *
A few rules to clean, and build third party build system(*octeon_sdk*)  (gnu
make is being used to build the 3rd party stuff).
This 3rd party build system is being called from 'ElectricAccelerator's
emake tool'. That is, the whole lot of overall build gets started with
electric make, in which a component is this 3rd party build system.

PS: The entire build system works perfect with IBM ClearMake. We are porting
the build system to ElectricMake, and we are seeing these issues.

The main thing is that you should contact address@hidden for assistance with ElectricMake.

However, one possible source of difficulty is that ElectricMake emulates GNU make 3.81 (or 3.80, depending on your command-line options), but ClearMake emulates GNU make 3.74, and there are non-trivial differences between those versions. It is possible that the behavior you are seeing now is due to one or more of those differences.

Again, the folks at address@hidden should be able to help you.

BR,

Eric Melski
Architect