Problem with make clean

From: David Aldrich
Subject: Problem with make clean
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:51:24 +0100

Hi

I have noticed a minor difference in behaviour of 'make clean' when upgrading
from Centos 5.3 to Centos 5.5.

When I run 'make clean' in Centos 5.3, I get no warnings. When I run it in
Centos 5.5 I get:

"Warning:  --directory (-d) option is undocumented and no-op.
 Use -rf for deleting non-empty dirs."

My makefile does not define target 'clean' so I must be using the implicit
clean target.

The Centos 5.3 'rm' coreutils command supports option '-d'. The Centos 5.5 'rm'
does not.  The weird thing is that 'rm --version' reports '5.97' for both
Centos versions.

Does anyone know of a convenient fix for this problem please?

David